Migrating business operations to a new technology always carries risk. The same questions crop up in almost any migration, whether it is IT, power technology or complex process manufacturing:
- Do we migrate in a ‘big bang’ or in stages?
- If in stages, how do the ‘new world’ and the ‘old world’ interact, and how do we manage interactions with their environment?
- Can we roll back to the ‘old world’ if something goes wrong?
- What scenarios are there, what will they cost and what are the risks?
We help business leaders devise robust migration approaches. Case histories include:
- Rollout of a new ERP system within an engineering company operating in several European countries.
- Migration of a national rail system from a legacy train protection system to ERTMS Level 2.
- Upgrading of a traction power network to deliver much greater power per train.